"Being thankful is energizing. Being angry is physically and emotionally draining. What do you choose to be?
Welcome to Carin's Gratitude web space, a blog I write with a focus on gratefulness, self-improvement through personal motivation, productivity, education, professional nursing, family life, volunteering, and health. I share my experiences and observations from books I have read, meetings I have attended, my employment, therapy, volunteer work, tips from my productivity coach, and family life.
Hello. My name is Carin Diaz.
I work 36 hours a week (sometimes more) as a nurse for twelve years now and am currently taking care of critically ill patients in adult Intensive Care Unit (ICU). I parent a miniature poodle, a boxer mix, and two good looking and SLIGHTLY defiant teens. (Notice, I listed them in order -- from the least to the most
I started this blog to share what I know and share my little joys in life. I do not have all the answers, but I want to write my story and observation in hopes that they may benefit others. I know what it is like to:
- have cancer (I am four years in remission)
- face the struggle to stay fit (I succeeded in maintaining the American "ideal weight" ALL MY LIFE without crazy diet and daily workouts in the gym)
- parent challenging teens (I . . . am still alive and so are my teens)
- face life in depression (my diagnosis stays in just "depression" and not major-)
- work the stressful job of a nurse (I still love my job as a nurse for twelve years)
- put on a youthful looking smile each day as life goes on. (I am 45, who can pretend to look like 35).
I am from generation X, who formerly lived in the Philippines and California.
I currently stay in Colorado some five thousand feet above sea level away from the beach that I love. Okay, maybe I do not love the beach so much. After a near-to-drowning experience many years ago, I stopped pretending I know how to swim on a beach.
Most of the clothes I am pictured with are from Le Tote , and I highly recommend its subscription service. I get mine roughly every 1-2 weeks.
I update this blog at least monthly.
|As this is my personal blog, I mention my loved ones a lot. Paul poses as my soul mate here and in real life too. I live with my favorite only son, my favorite only daughter, my playful boxer Velvet, and my killer miniature poodle, Snowball.|
|Thanks for reading.|